Biomass Energy Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) recognizes that the protection of customer’s individual information (hereinafter referred to as the “Individual Information”) properly is an important responsibility, and shall handle the Individual Information according to the following basic policy (hereinafter referred to as the “Basic Policy”).
1. About Acquisition of Individual Information
For conducting the businesses of the sales of biomass energy plant, device and equipment, and of the investigation, research and development and consulting about the use of biomass, the Company would like to acquire the Individual Information that is necessary to conduct the businesses, according to the Basic Policy. For acquisition of the Individual Information, the Company shall notify or issue public notice for the specific purpose of usage of such Individual Information in order to receive the consents from the customers. The Company shall handle the Individual Information according to the said purpose of usage.
2. About Administration
The Company shall put in the maximum possible measures to prevent the leak of, loss of, or unfair access to the Individual Information provided by the customers. If and when a lack of care is found out, the Company shall act very expeditiously to remedy the situation. The Company shall take the preventive and corrective measures for any unjust access to, loss of, destruction of, falsification of or leak of the Individual Information, and to take the efforts to always improve the protection of the Individual Information.
3. About Abiding by the Rules and the Laws
The Company shall abide by the laws for the protection of the Individual Information, and other related ordinances, regulations and guidelines applicable to the Individual Information. Further, the Company shall follow the generally accepted practice of handling of the Individual Information and accordingly handle such Individual Information according to the said practice.
4. About Utilization of the Individual Information
The Company shall treat the Individual Information according to the purpose of usage. If the purpose of use is to be changed, the Company shall obtain consent from the customers beforehand. Further, the Company shall limit the individuals who will handle the Individual Information, depending on the kind of job operations, so that the Company can establish a system through which the Individual Information cannot be readily used unnecessarily.
5. About Provision of the Individual Information to a Third Party
The Individual Information shall not be provided to any third party except the following:
(1) When the Company receives customers’ consent beforehand;
(2) When it is judged that the provision of the Individual Information to an external party is necessary on account of the laws for protection of the Individual Information or other related laws and ordinances;
(3) When the Individual Information is to be disclosed to a consignee with which the Company had concluded a Non-Disclosure Agreement for the purpose of consigning work within the range of necessity toward achieving the purpose of utilization; or
(4) When it is deemed necessary for the benefit of the public.
6. About Disclosure, Correction or Deletion
Relating to the disclosure, correction or deletion of the Individual Information, the Company shall act within the time frame and the range that are considered rational.
7. About the Person In Charge of Disclosure, etc.
If you have any question about the Basic Policy for the protection of the Individual Information or about the protection of the Individual Information per se, or if you find out any lack of attention on the part of the Company for the protection of the Individual Information, please get in contact with the person in charge of “protection of the Individual Information” of the Company.